"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Thursday, January 6, 2011

1st ride of 2011

35km - woot woot!

After 6 months of 'not feeling well', one thing after another... I have a green light!  I am going for it!  But, I have so far to go to catch up!

After the summer, I started to have problems.... I had ultrasounds, a biopsy, and several doctors appointments.  My thyroid level was high, high/normal... so on thyroid meds I go.  It didn't help, it didn't stop my 5 month period.  I was getting E X H A U S T E D!.....  So tired (a 50km easy ride felt like a 100km RACE)...

PTA President takes as much time as I want it too.... well, I gave it all I had.  The Charity Bazaar is a testimant to my passion for our PTA events, and our school.  Just as I would be feeling better, an event would come up and I am off the bike for 1 week, then 10 days, then at times over 2 weeks.

The doctor in HCMC told me that my iron was low, but okay.

Then.... Christmas Vacation, we went to the US.  Again, off the bike for nearly 3 weeks!  AAUUGGHH...  while in Beaverton, getting ready for one doctor's appointment I found a lump under my breast.  Needless to say, I freaked out!  It didn't seem to go away after a few days...  and it HURT!  My mom thought it was a cyst... and... after a mammogram and ultrasound, yup, a cyst.... nothing to be concerned about, but should be removed at some point.

GOOD GOD!

So, today, on my bike, 35kms... whoo hoo!  Considerably jet lagged, but got out there.  I am sure I will be sore.

I have finally stopped the 'period' from hell...
I am on iron and vitamins...
I am on birth control to keep the 'period' in check...
I am faithfully recovering after rides the way I am suppose to....
I am watching my diet to maximize good quality fruits/vegetables/protein sources

I just really hope.... I can race in Thailand this year!

1 comment:

Pepe Le Pew said...

You can always find excuses. You've got to find a reason.