"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Speed, Power, and my nerve

Three things I have seem to have lost.  The speed is just not there and I don't know what the deal is.... well, prehaps a lazy 6 months might have SOMETHING to do with it.  The power, when riding with the boys, they fly by me so fast, I am just shocked... and I am already doing 40+....  what the heck?


with everything I had.... will I even return to this? 200m before the finish....just about to be taken over, thank GOD I held 3rd...


I want THIS again.....1.4sec infront of 2nd place...


It will take a lot of power to get to that again!

So, yesterday, intervals in the industrial park. 1.1km as fast as I could.  Added bonus was that I had a head wind.  It doesn't really matter what my speed was as it was to practice the sprint.  4 of the 5 intervals were okay, but I need to jump out of my saddle a little quicker.

Still completely anxious about the crash.... found myself looking over my shoulder all the time to see if anyone was behind me.  NO SUDDEN MOVEMENTS....

This morning, I didn't get up to ride with the boys.  I didn't see the point to get up early just to be dropped....  Got an email from Alex, he said they are getting faster and faster...  I need to work harder and harder just to hang on the back for a minute second, I guess.  So, trainer for 1 hour... three intervals of 10 minutes....

I'll be back.

No comments: