"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Saturday, January 8, 2011

85km today

making it 150 for the week.  Its a start.

Thursday, 4 laps in the industrial park.

Friday, met who ever shows at the RMIT bridge.... didn't ride w/ the boys because I was still soooooo jet lagged!  But, one caught up with me and we rotated about 40kph for 10km.  He turned at the intersection prior to where we normally do... I didn't know why, but at 6am,  you don't ask (and of course, neither of us had the language still to talk ANYWAY!)...  well, I figured out why, it was a gravel pit.  That's the problem.  Regardless... I'd call Day #2 a success!

Today!!!  Last night was a New Year's Party for Nike.  So, we went... and I had a glass or two, or three (since they fill up your glass before you have a chance to finish it, you never know exactly how much you had to drink)....  But, I was going to do it!

PERIOD!  Its a LONG road back.....  it's gonna suck, so I had BEST get started!

I started with the boys at 6:00am... I hung!  Not until AFTER the turn around did I start to full back.  My thighs were burning... but many of the others were falling out too!  (not that I am happy about that, but just glad to know it WASN'T just me)...  speed was good!

Took a 2nd lap...

Then 1/2 of a 3rd lap....

At the beginning of the 3rd lap, I started to get dizzy and totally hit the wall.  All of a sudden it was like my bike stopped going forward.  Oh... so tired!  Press on... PRESS ON!

I got passed by some guy on a tri bike.  He knew me, but I didn't remember him.  I might know....  I was mortified that I couldn't keep up with him....  he was only going 35....  Oh well... I thought!  I will, I can, and I will be back!

Finish off at the Industrial Park for 1 cool down lap and just get the mileage in.  I was doing about 25kph in there as I was just getting some time on the bike.  I wanted 3 hours... and I got it!

For the first 55km, my average speed was good!  I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the ride...

but now...

I am TIRED!

No comments: