"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The 95km route

Seems to be my Saturday standard now (I guess, two Saturday's makes it routine?)

Lap 1:  Meet w/ boyz and hang on until I get dropped (depending on who is calling the shots - sometimes Mr. Hot Shot and I don't think he likes me calls the shots and depending on where I am after white bridge intersection will determine if I can hang to the turn around and/or a little after).  But yesterday, the speed was 48 and I was no longer hanging on...  I don't think Mr. Hot Shot was running the show, but Mr. Look and Alex was there.  Need less to say, I got dropped... and fairly quickly.  Mr. Discovery, and older guy fell back as well (these days, I am one of MANY who fall back) and he pulled me for quite a while.  When I tried to pull, he took the break for maybe 30 seconds and back in front.  Well, okay... I miss the wheel wheel pull when I fall out, so take the break. 

Lap 2:  Starting from the very end of Lap 1, out I do the 2nd lap.  And again, I meet up with a Singaporean triathlete....  I think Dominic, but not sure.  We chat for a minute, I get behind his wheel, but I am not able to stick.  After crazy intersection I was definitely gone.  Frustrating and embarassing like last week, but felt better at the 55km mark then I did last week....  I am not riding slow these 55km...  so...

Lap 3:  1/2 lap, turn before the red bridge so I don't have to deal w/ the traffic of rush hour. Good idea....  back out I go.  this time, I don't run any lights but take them as food/drink opportunities...

And, into the industrial park.  Just a very slow, cruisy lap around and home.  Had a panic attack in the traffic so I know it is going to take some time.

Bought myslef a coconut and headed home....  still, feeling like a rock star!  (a slow one, but definitely a rock star!)....

250km for the week... a nice progression.

No comments: