"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Friday, October 1, 2010

Three Bikermoms

I must be dreaming...  For the first time since living in Taiwan, I rode with two other women. 


Look... I am smiling....  why?  Well, its the 2nd ride for the day.  I went out at 5:30 and met the boys... rode w/ them for 1/2 the ride before I finally got dropped... Attacked on the way up the red bridge with the European guy yelling, "Go TINA!"  so I did.... climbing our bridge of 5m gain at over 40kph, I flew...

and blew...

oh well... it was fun!

Got home at 6:40 as usual, then met up with Rachel and Shannon at Fivimart.


Freakishly strong Shannon....  new to the bike... good GOD, what happenes when she's NOT NEW to the bike?


Of course, Rachel, my Jamican friend... 







and there we are.... on the Nguyen Van Linh in the 'truck' lane...  dodging cops and truck drivers yelling at us... and lots of thumbs up and cat calls from the motorcycles...

Quite a sight....three bikermoms on a bike! 

total for the day:  80km. 

I think I am starting to feel better....thyroid levels are under control and starting to recover normally....

No comments: