"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

CLB Xe Dap - Race

Didn't even contest this time... ha ha...  The day before we had Family Day at school and we had over 1000 people.  Originally, we thought we would have about 400, max...  in the last two days we realized we would have over 1000....  we worked NON STOP for 3 days straight.

Fun to just go watch a race:

Go boys!  Go Boys!  GO BOYS!  that's right boys, boys, boys, boys....  when I arrived, I asked Alex if Claudia and the kids were coming, "No, but you can stand next to the beer girls!"

Oh my cycling career has definitely gone...


backwards....  less then 1 year ago my breakaway at 2009 Giant Cup securing my #1 position for the racing year amongst the 80+ women who raced age 30+...
3rd year in a row winning the Giant Cup, curciut race...

to being BANNED....
well, actually this year they said I could join.  too late... too exhausted... and with my 4 week periods, thyroid screwed up, just not in the mood....

No surprise they put Alex up front to bridget he gap... course was dangerous as it rained cats and dogs...


No comments: