"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mui Ne - Day 3

Still NOT feeling like a rock star from the stomach aches, but a recovery ride was a good idea (not that anything more THAN recovery was an option).  So, I head out by myself.  Gj decides to windsurf.  Emily's feeling a little better.
 Where the upper road, joins the main road, passes the sand dunes and down to the water.  It is VERY windy!
 My goal was 4 days of riding in a row.  Simply, so my body could get used to recover/ride the next day.  Intensity and mileage would be added after a solid endurance foundation.  But, my stomach.....oh.... my stomach....
 This bike has been from Taiwan to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand.... and several places in Vietnam, not to mention all but the southern tip of Taiwan.... 
Heading north.  I choose to go home.  I complete two full loops with the added "beach front".  this makes 70km averaging.... 25kph?  tough wind, bad stomach... but, could I sit home and NOT ride?  Riding opportunities are just not THIS in HCMC...  Unless I am truly sick, I go!  Miserable, pain, stomach ache, even if I throw up...

Sadly, that night was horrible.... what was still 'in' me made very violent exits.... Gj simply said, "I think you should stay off your bike tomorrow".... I agreed.

No comments: