"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Monday, February 7, 2011

Miu Ne - Day 5

There was no day 4.... my stomach hurt so bad I thought I should just rest!  So, I did... I worked, read, and worked on my tan!

From the restaurant we always had lunch and dinner at (and DID not get sick from.... that was another place)

the pooch and I enjoying some quality quiet time before dinner.

Day 5:  Hoping for the 2nd 100km ride of the week, I set out to do 3 full upper road laps.  We had to clear out of the room by noon, so time was no on my side.... neither was speed apparently!  ha ha...  I felt good though, healthy and rested. 
Its not a good picture, but the ocean is right in front of me.... Today is "New Year's Day", families are out in new clothes just smiling and enjoying the day!  It's wonderful!


I decide to go home at 10:00am.  I figure if I had my 100km or not in, it is enough.  I need breakfast (the Cliff Bar isn't cutting it and have eaten so little in the last 3 days)... the wind is picking up and I am getting tossed around a bit.  So, I cut it 10km short.

Breakfast afterwards.... I was actually hungry!

Glad I was back by 10:00am....  the Dragon Dance came through the hotel and treated us to traditional dancing.  The 10km and bragging rites of a 2nd 100km ride would not have been worth missing this.



The girls were awesome with their knives.


and back home we go, about noon.... 

4 days:  310km, 2000m climbing, and definitely some endurance in the legs.

No comments: