"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Miu Ne - Day 2

So, a bit tired after the 104km ride from the day before.  Hubby enjoyed boasting of his 'long ride', "Yeah, rode 60km today!!"...  he must have felt the laser glare of my eyes because then he would say, "oh, Tina did over 100".  ha ha...  He's a 40km rider....  that's what he likes, that what he does.  Just maybe 4 or 5 times a year he gets over 50, and very rarely, 100.  that said, he's a freakin' locomotive!
that said....  we ate a restaurant that we trust and have befriended the owner (not at the hotel).  But by 8pm, I was in dire pain... stomach, legs, head...

2am, though I was going to be sick.  All I could do to keep it down.  I so badly didn't want to throw up, but probably should have. 

Emily did.  She was SICK.  she threw up for about 3 hours...

Horrible stomach ache.  But, by 7:30am, I felt OK.  Gj talked me into, "an easy ride".  Well, okay.... an easy ride.

That it was for him.  Even though my overall speed was less then 25kph, the headwind was fierce.  The side wind with my big rimmed wheels took me off guard and I wasn't strong enough to 'deal' with it.  I was sooooo mad, "I am NOT going to the WATER today!"  It was late when we started, 9:30++ and the wind was really whipping out there!

We did about 45km.

The climbs were too much, I couldn't keep anywhere near Gj.  Typically, I am 200m ahead.  I felt bad at the top.

I took it as a recovery ride.  Hoping that thought the speed was very slow (out, reached 58kph fairly easy on the way back at one point), the wind would be making me stronger?

I couldn't eat much for the duration of the day....  Emily slept until 5pm, and actually, I worked.... in the room.... no beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you have enjoyed your cycling break with your family in Mui-Ne. Terribly sorry to hear about the "food poisoning story" as I should have warned you! last time we went there, 2 members of our group have suffered the same fate! it was so bad that he couldn't ride back to Vung-Tau. I sincerely hope that your daughter is ok. Regards, Long