"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Monday, July 2, 2012

Delhi, New and Old

Not sure words can accurately describe what we saw, felt, smelt, and dealt with.  It was a whirl-wind experience that I am not completely sure we will ever do again.

We arrived late at night after our fun day in Bangkok.  Picking a hotel in Delhi with our criteria in mind was the hardest part of planning the trip.  We wanted something not commercial, somewhat homey and something with character.  We also wanted to be somewhere close to the things we wanted to see...

But what did we want to see?  I don't know!  There are forts, mosques, new building, etc.  We were more interested in old history then new buildings so I found a place close to Old Delhi.


No comments: