"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Six Hours in Bangkok...

Six Hours in Bangkok....

Oh come on.... if you are in your 40's, how can you EVER say, "One Night in Bangkok" without breaking into song?

So, it wasn't one night in Bangkok, but Bangkok will always have the 'buzz'...

We escape the airport and take the train into the city.  We have been to Bangkok more times then I think I can count.  Not to mention, racing has brought me to Bangkok at least 4 more times then the family!  So... to   Sukhumvit Road we go.... my husband a creature of habit will occupy his time in the same way as usual, massage at Lean On Tree followed by spicy Thai food and as many "Singha yiah" as we can finish.

Kids and I head to Emporium for some browsing....  ended up using my Visa...but hey.... girl should look good!  Unexpected weight loss so I celebrate with a new dress!  Oh la la....
 Eirik managed to teach himself the bass....  Emily and I were free to shop as long as we wanted if Eirik was in the guitar store...
We found dad.
And the food.
And back to the airport to finish our journey to New Delhi.

Are we excited?  You bet!  New adventure.

No comments: