"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Friday, July 13, 2012

Monday Night PIR - July 9

Never raced in the USA!  Funny!  Got my bike in Taiwan, raced in Taiwan... later Cambodia, Thailand, and Indonesia but never the USA.

I have always wanted to so this race at the Portland International Raceway.

www.racemondaynights.com

There is 'Novice Women', and 'Open'.  Hmmm... I am not a member of OBRA, and I am not 'Categorized'. I have a fantasy that I am a Cat 3 rider.  I have won a lot of races over the years and place well in stage races.  I am not new to racing, but we don't race every week.

I live in Vietnam and every T/R/S/S feel much like a race.

Well...

I am learning a LOT

Here's Lap 11 of last weeks.  Two got away in front and we lost a few on the back.  I was smart on this lap and kept to the front.  Sadly... not every lap.  When the Cat 2 gals dig deep, I fly off the back.  But, an area for improvement.  That's what I am here for!
Lap 1 or 2, don't know...
Lap 2 or 3, I think they rang for the "hot lap" after this....
And that is what happens to me after a HOT LAP... I am in deep trouble!  Need to work on some sprinting???  maybe some speed?
and after the next hot lap...
regular lap...

I am the 2nd girl...


This was the prior lap, and more representative of the 13 laps....

Hangin' off the back.  dyin' to survive....

The last lap, I took the lead and pulled around the last corner... I got squashed... of course, the final sprint I was wasted.  I figured since I did very little work in the race, I should work at the end... the girls thanked me for it.

I finished in the pack of 6, 2 escaped off the front and we lost a few off the back.  So... happier with this performance than the prior weeks.

Monday nights are tough for me.  I think the girls are mostly Cat 2 and 3... Don't know what I would classify myself as...3 or 4.

better luck next Monday!

No comments: