"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Thursday, May 24, 2012

2012 Tour of Friendship Stage 5 - Ace of spades...

So, I enjoyed my 1/2 Leo beer the night before... I got this in the BAG!  Right?  Right?

ah....ha....

It is "GO" from the start.  Women in the front.  For the first time in 5 days, we actually get to race against each other...not man/wife teams...not M40 and holding on to the peloton... but estrogen against estrogen...

Let me tell you,

Nothing more dangerous then a group of peri-menapausal women on a bike!  Let alone, let them race!

BEST racing day yet!

I had a target on my back as big as TEXAS.  I was teh Ace of Spades...  Being the idiot that i am at times... I failed to think that I'd be a target...whose going to get 4 minutes out of me on a flat course...

Well, that was the goal.

IT was fast and furious from the gun.  New rules.... if the Juniors or Ladies go...no other group can help bridge (jeepers...that's a nice rule to EVENTUALLY HAVE!)..

Siw is determined to reclaim her 2nd place... I would to.

There was no rest for me.
I didn't dare take a water bottle....

I raced smart... I led one attack, there was one earlier by Katherin, but no one would help her.... I have bad feelings about this...

So, I attack, from the outside... I grab Katherine and say, "30 sec rotation....I don't leave you hanging...we make a break"...

eventually, we are caught!

Its blood, sweat... and no water for 60km, average speed nearly 40kph.

I get caught in the wrong position before the sprint... come in 4th... (but kept my 2nd in the GC)....

I blame only myself for the poor sprint... got a little dodgy at the end and nearly went down..

Cross the finish line congradulating Siw on yet again, another fine finish... we all laugh about the race.  Even though I had a target on my back, it by no means means we are not friends off the road.... its racing!

2nd for the Tour...

Am happy...
Am happy!

I give my trophy to the Club Quan 7 XeDap group.  I don't know what they think of it... but they understand my appreciation to them for letting me ride with them!

To D7 riders along the Nguyen Van Linh highway.....this ones for you!  Thanks for letting me be the 'white' girl and accepting me....

1 comment:

Robert said...

Well done Tina! Great result.