"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, August 15, 2010

NEKO - USA

Riding back in the USA with my Ghetto Bike!  It really is a Ghetto bike, it's very heavy, heavy wheels, wide road tires, not quite 'cross', but not racing tires....  and... the front derailer doesn't work.  If I can't manage the hill on the big chain ring... well... too bad! 
We have a cabin on the Puget Sound in Washington.  We split our time between there and Oregon.  All of our friends, doctors, etc is in Oregon so this year we spent two weeks camping out at our friends house, I had one week in San Francisco working, and the remaining at our cabin, only a 2 minute walk from my mom's house.

Most of my riding was in Washington.  If I was lucky, I rode 2 or 3 times a week.  With the heavy travel, those week, only 1 time but tried to walk a lot. 

This park was a 40km loop for me.  It is the most southern point of the Hood Canal (the part of the Puget Sound we live).  The roads are moderately dangerous with the narrow blind corners, however, given the crap I ride in in HCMC....  its amazing.

The weather on the water is cold.  This year, unseasonably cold.  Above was one of the warmest days for me.  Usually, I wore my 3/4 pants, wool socks, undershirt, jersey, fleece jacket, then my pink riding jacket.  I also wore a fleece hat under my helmet.  And... still cold.  But, the riding was so good, I just had to 'deal'... 
State Park, Potlatch Washington

No comments: