"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back in Vietnam

One very busy and too short summer break!  The kids got out of school on the 11th of June and begin in only two days!  They had exactly 2 months off.  Not quite the 2 1/2 we are used to in Taiwan and the US.  But, that is because they have a few more days off during the school year.

Riding wasn't what I hoped and I did absolutely no racing.  Health concerns kept me off my bike for a week, and running kids back and forth also kept me busy.  I worked for a week in San Fransico then was loaded with work there after!  But, good thing.... we bought a house and steady work means stead income! 

I hope to ride tomorrow, but it will be on the roller followed by trainer.  The rains is fairly unpredictable and with PTA President duties tomorrow... I best keep it at home.  I need to rebuild my nerve to ride in the chaos of HCMC scooter pelotons as well.  Today, on my market bike, I saw two accidents and that was in Phu My Hung, in the quiet suburb.... not even on the road!

... more later...

No comments: