"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tri Training Week 2

Remember, the reason for 'tri' training is to make me hungry and desire to ride the suckiness that is Ho Chi Minh City cycling.... yup, that's as positive as I can be... but really, it isn't horrible.  I am not upset, it's just the truth of the matter.... should you disagree.... ride a peloton during rush hour and take away the rules of the road....

Sunday:  swam 1000m (no flippers - yeah!)
Monday:  5km run 28.5min followed by 2.4km walk to cool down (theoretically)
Tuesday:  rest
Wednesday:  12km bike..... flat tire, had to catch a taxi.  However, met some guy who was doing the triathlon that Eirik is doing this weekend.  He gave me some very helpful hints.  Again, getting a flat tire, I don't get upset.  Thus far living in Vietnam, every flat has saved me from potential disaster....  (lost in Cambodia, just before my handlebars gave way...) but today... it was a gift.   My dude got 2nd place in the kid triathlon out of 50 kids!
Thursday:  60km bike (300m climbing), 1000m swim (all freestyle, no flippers.... even learned flip turns!)
Friday:  6.2km run, 2.4km walk to cool down
Saturday:  55km ride in Mui Ne

Run:  11.2km (+4.4km walk)
Swim:  2000m
Bike:  127km

No comments: