"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Monday, May 24, 2010

Tri Training Week 1

So, in an effort to NOT HATE cycling.... I am diversifying my exercise a bit.  What are the obvious choices.... swimming and running.  Before I sat on two wheels, I ran a lot.  I am a slow runner, but from point A to point B, I generally can get there.  I have ran two marathons and a handful of fun runs.  When I worked at the insurance company, nearly the entire actuarial department ran.  We had a running log and a world map, we tried to combine all our miles and run around the world.  Every day, we logged our miles.

Okay... so, now that the Tour of Friendship is over and I am completely an exercise junkie, to reduce my risk of dyign on a bike and like I said above, hating it forever..... I will 'Tri Train'. 

I am NOT training for a Triathlon....  just simply training like I am....

So...

Monday:  5km run
Tuesday:  30km boys, 30km roller (on bike)
Wednesday:  60km ride
Thursday:  rest
Friday:  30km ride
Saturday:  60km riding, 600m swimming

So:
Run:  5km
Ride:  210km
Swim 0.6km

Not a good start.... I got blisters, I cut my heal on something sharp in the swimming pool... and my rides were actaully good.  I stayed with the boys on Saturday, had a much better average kph for the entire ride, but still not where I want to be.

Best part is, Saturday's swim, as pathetic as it is.... was teh best recovery for cycling besides a good Thail massage....

No comments: