"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mui Ne again...

I was emailing a friend and he reminded me that my blog has been quiet.  Yeah, probably.  I don't really find a lot of fulfillment in writing about our daily rides in teh Nguyen Van Linh.  I have been much more successful sticking with the guys, even on fast days.  I pull on the top and no longer vie for the not so coveted 'caboose' position.  Mr. Back of the Pack and I.... no longer are riding partners.


Gjermund's folks are in town so we planned a two day trip to Mui Ne (my favorite riding place that is accessible).  I took off at 6am and did some hill repeats, then Gj met me and we headed north to this really great area.  There are a few lakes and the scenery is beautiful with the red sand/soil and trees.  The environment is quiet and serene (as serene as it can be with motorcycles...)
Just beautiful and peaceful.  So happy I am in the kind of condition to enjoy this ride and see this part of Vietnam.  So glad Gjermund joined me for the last part of the ride too.  Unfortunately, he rolled over some glass and got a flat.  He was able to ride back to teh sand dunes and took a Xe Om back to the hote.

Nothing like the name of a Singaporean Pub on your b-hind to accentuate its size!  LOL!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so cool what you do sister. Cooler too that your husband joins you!!!! I can't wait to come to Vietnam!!

Tina said...

THANKS! Riding in HCMC is more of a mental challenge of not going crazy than anything... Riding in Oregon, or at the Canal...that's awesome!