"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quieter ride...

Feeling a little distraught (I am half junkie here....) about not getting to ride, Gjermund suggested, "hey, lower the seat on my bike!"....

HEY?!?
WHY NOT?!?
 It is about 7:30am in the above photo.  There are several kilometers of riding with the beach on one side, the sand dunes on the other.  It is easily understandable why a person could be so upset if not able to ride.  It is so calm, peaceful, and recharging.  I rode to the 'turn around' and back, about 60km.  Completely soaked up the conditions, scenery, and enjoyed the ride.
 There was no traffic on this day.  It was the 2nd day of Tet and most locals are celebrating with their families...  It was a beautiful sight to see everyone basking in their traditions!  I think as Americans we often feel we should show the world how to live, but what I have learned living over seas... especially in developing countries, us Americans should step back and take a lesson! 
 There was a mine on this stretch of the road.  Most of the big machinery is gone now, but this sign remains a reminder....
 Pity my camera didn't take a better shot, the mine is on the right directly across the street from the ocean. 
Close up of one of the mine shacks.

Sometimes riding a bike should just be for the fun of it.  If you don't step on the pedals and feel like you are 12 years old again.... you are truly missing out! 

No comments: