"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Final Sprint

Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings are may just be normal riding days for some, but for the good boys (or bad boys) of the Nguyen Van Linh, its a suffer fest that this bikermom continues to expose herself to!

Why?

I have no idea!

This particular Thursday morning I missed the start.  I rode hard to catch the back of the pack.. I was successful, but got dropped prior to the turn around, so I turned early and thought, "with my new handy dandy iPhone.... I want to film what I never get to experience"

So.... here it is.... for those of you that think cycling in Vietnam is dangerous... this is NOTHING to how dangerous it could be....

My hand shakes a bit..... one of these days... I'll be in the sprint.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great video.

Tina: I'm coming into Saigon in a week and would like to purchase a couple of bikes. You know, a little 2 wheeler with gears. I don't mind it being used either. I'm in Viet Nam only for 6 months so don't need a race bike quality ride.

I'm looking for a 52cm and 53cm. Do you have any recommendation on what bike shop to go search?

Thanks!

-quang-vu

Unknown said...

Thanks for your help!

Tina said...

I would try Saigon Cycles, see the link above to get directions to the shop. Also, you can sign up for the group: An Phu Neighbors or Phu My Hung Neighbors and simply ask.

@LeX said...

Tina: do you know how one signs up for Anh Phu Neighbors? We are moving there in August to D2.

Tina said...

Hi @LeX, just go to Google Groups and search An Phu Neighbors... I think you can request to be a member from there.