"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cycling in the US...

I now have two bikes here with me... the MASI


and the OPERA w/ Easton EC 90's. One at our Canal House, the other at our Beaverton house.





 Of course, my two Cervelos at home in Vietnam w/ my Colnago upstairs for 'indoor' training....

It been amazing riding.... yesterday 80km down the 101 into Shelton.  There are plenty of places to let it out and do some intervals, catch you breath... and on the MASI  - the heaviest bike of the fleet.... thrilled to lug it around... hoping some strength is building.

Riding in ORegon is also just amazing.  Though still riding alone, occasionally I do find a ride and try to out climb (thus far.... 100% success) or suck some wheel, but the really 'good' riders seem to be going in the other direction.  Perhaps I should turn around and try to catch?  Maybe tomorrow..... 

Its been an upsetting/busy homeleave. 

I return to Vietnam next week....PTA waits for me... president again... and I am EXHAUSTED and we haven't started... I have no idea how I will pull it together for next year.

No comments: