"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Friday, May 6, 2011

Tour of Friendship 2011, Ladies Day 4 - Diggin' Deep!

*** T hanks to Thai Airways team's facebook page for the following pictures!! 
 Waiting for literally 1 hour to start.  Useful information say.... the night before!
 Digging deep....the last 200m of the last climb of the last day!  Not enough....Franzia girl is just ahead of me, and I can't get her....Michele not far in front of her...what when wrong?  My climbing....where is it....  Looking at the photo, I really think I got it all wrong...
 End of day two..... 135km, 1560m of climbing, the smile should be obvious.
 I can't imagine what is going through Christina's head.  I have NOTHING to loose this stage (well, I do, if I crash, flat, or get super dropped) so trying to stratigize w/ Christina on how to get her a win....

Serene....could be my daughter... but what a sweet girl!  


Its over.... the relief is monumental and I don't know why.  I really questioned whether I would race again or not.  The nerves just got to me.... gagging on peanut butter in the morning....  So happy to get the GC #3.

3 comments:

Jackal said...

well done!!!! I shall aspire to just participate next year!

Tina said...

THANKS! Hope you join next year. It is a lot of fun... but not to take too seriously. What team do you ride for in Singapore?

Anonymous said...

You look so great and you did fantastic! Loved seeing the pictures!