"Let me tell you what I think about bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel.. the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." ~ Susan B. Anthony

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tri Training Week 4

Well.... no 'Tri' Training... just a couple of bike rides.

Sunday I finally went out with the set of teachers from the school.  An abosultely LOVELY group of ladies passionate about teaching and getting some things done at school that I am also passionate about (playground equipment, improving the sports programs, etc.). 

I finally rode my mountain bike!


I kinda thought they were joking that they sometimes ride market bikes....  they weren't!  But since I normally do not ride Sunday mornings, and certainly lag the female bicycle bonding... I was extatic!

I think we rode about 35km

Monday:  rest (and got sick)
Tuesday:  too sick to ride with the boys, so I rode by myself:  3 bridge laps, 4 industrial park laps for a total of 60km
Wed - Friday - SICK!  And soooo busy with kids
Saturday:  1 bridge, mad dash w/ boys (stayed w/ the pack, thank you very much) and 5 more bridges.  Alex totally pushed me, I gave him permission to yell at me to make me improve.  Just so long as he doesn't say anything personal that is hurtful, he has carte blanche to 'scream me back to shape'.  I don't have Eugene any longer to yell at me... so I need another voice to piss me off while I am riding!  ha ha...   total of 80km


Swim:  0
Bike:  175km
Run:  0

Feeling better... FINALLY!

No comments: